Fried rice is my go-to dish on days when I’m dog tired to cook anything and also when I’m trying to clean out the fridge. This is one such recipe and it tasted pretty good.
Basmati Rice – 1½ cups, soaked in water for at least 15 mins
Lemon Grass – 2 tbsp finely chopped (from fleshy mid section of about 2 stalks)
Sugar snap peas – 1½ cups, finely chopped (I used frozen) Green beans can be substituted
Green Peas – 1 cup
Baby Corn – 14 oz. can, drained and rinsed
Shallot – 1, medium chopped
Green Chilies – 4, thinly sliced
Ginger – 1” piece, grated
Garlic – 1 clove, minced
Thai Red Chili Sauce – 2tbsp
Soy sauce – 1tbsp
Asian chili sauce – 2tsp (optional, I used Sriracha chili sauce)
Salt – to taste
- Cook rice and let it cool completely.
- Heat 2tbsp peanut oil in a large sauté pan; add shallots, ginger, garlic and lemon grass and sauté till nice and fragrant about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas and baby corn; cover and cook till they are tender about 5-7 minutes.
- Now add Thai red chili sauce, hot sauce and soy sauce; stir fry for a minute.
- Add thawed peas and stir fry for couple of minutes until heated through.
- Finally add the cooked rice and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add scrambled egg or baked tofu to make it a complete meal.
Pin It Now!